KERSHAW GARDENS - Rockhampton
The gardens were named after Cliff Kershaw who was the Chief Health Inspector during the development of the old landfill area that the gardens is built on. Cliff died prior to the opening of the gardens and they were named to commemorate his long and loyal service.
The Kershaw Gardens, built on the old Rockhampton rubbish dump, was planted in Australian native trees and shrubs starting in 1982-3. The Gardens were officially opened in 1988. The gardens have become a tranquil setting for all walks of life to enjoy. Many paved walking paths, wheelchair access, rest areas, drinking fountains and easy parking make the Kershaw Gardens a well visited attraction in Rockhampton.
Off street free parking, monorail, toilet facilities on site.
Phone: 07 4922 1654
Address: General access off the main North / South Hwy (Moores Creek Road) at the Knight Street lights, UBD Map Telstra White Pages Rockhampton Ref O 11/12, with a newly completed carpark. The Gardens are also accessed from Charles Street off Musgrave Street, Ref Q 10/11